Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why bother?

After reading about this extreme 25, they don't really seems that extreme to me. What's with having a symmetrical pole? You can hardly call it a sportsboat with a pole?
For sailors coming from true Ausssie/Kiwi sportsboats (Thompson/Magic/Sports 8), there really is nothing extreme about them.... But I don't think 'dull, dated 25' would really work from a marketing perspective?



One thing must be said. Australia and New Zealand sportsboat sailor's need a true one design fleet!

SB3's are a bit tame for the average sportsboat yachtie, Thompson's simply aren't true one design and Sports 8 are a tad expensive.



SB3's have worked in the UK because they look modern compared to their red wings and Etchell's, but I really just don't think they are going to work over here... I must admit though, SB3's really are great fleet racing.


No comments:

Post a Comment